By Meredith Kirk
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching – that time of year when we rush to the store for the traditional flowers, chocolates, and ‘Love’ greeting cards for our significant other.
For this year, though, I thought I’d suggest a different idea. Ten years from now, she won’t remember the roses – but she will treasure the memories of a lifetime you’ll create during the romantic golf weekend you give her at Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club.
With world-class Jack Nicklaus signature golf, first-rate lodging and amenities, and a Valentine’s Day Dinner celebration all part of the experience, how can you not have a weekend getaway for the ages?
Here are 10 more great reasons why you should consider a romantic golf weekend of golf over the traditional Valentine’s Day fare:
1) As Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday, Presidents Day is on Monday, Feb. 17 – offering a rare but perfect opportunity to turn your Valentine’s Day celebration into the ultimate 3-day weekend experience!
2) Couples that play together, stay together. Yes, it’s true! Studies have shown that couples who make the time to have fun together experience more happiness in their relationship.
3) Flowers die, chocolate stays on the hips, and a greeting card is just words. Love is a verb – therefore, actions of love speak louder.
4) Golf attire is definitely getting more fashionable these days, so this gives the ladies a reason to go shopping for some cute golf outfits while you’re here (Psst – ladies, there’s a Tanger Outlet Center right in the heart of Myrtle Beach just waiting for you!).
5) Lodging rates start at just $59 per night.
6) If you’re an AAA or AARP member, you can save an additional 10 percent on your lodging rate!
7) For less than $100 per couple, you’ll enjoy a fabulous Valentine’s Day Dinner celebration – an evening to enjoy savory appetizers, your choice of Filet Mignon or Queens Stuffed Chicken entrée, dessert, a complimentary glass of champagne, and entertainment by DJ Scott & Company.
8) A way to a man’s heart is through his stomach (see #5).
9) Ladies: playing golf together is a great way to learn the game – or to show off your skills.
10) The February weather in Myrtle Beach is awesome! And there’s no better way to spend quality time with your significant other than playing golf in Myrtle Beach at remarkably low rates, having fun together, and enjoying fabulous food and impeccable accommodations.
Meredith Kirk is an LPGA instructor, Myrtle Beach Golf ambassador, and founder of the Junior Golf Exchange – a non-profit 501c3 organization whose mission is to grow youth involvement in the game by helping junior golfers ages 14 and under offset the growing costs of getting involved, by offering them fitted golf equipment at no cost to the child’s family. As the reigning 2014 Mrs. South Carolina America, Meredith has made the Junior Golf Exchange her charitable platform in seeking the 2014 Mrs. America crown later this year.