That’s right, the spring golf season is right around the corner and the earlier you book, the better your trip will be. I know what you are wondering, “Does booking early really make a difference?”
The answer is, yes. Here is why:
1. Booking early will save you money. Tee time pricing isn’t all that different than airlines or hotels; the closer tee sheets get to capacity, the more expensive it is to play. The earlier you book, the emptier the tee sheet, the greater value. For most of us, money matters. If you know you are going to take a trip, it’s going to be less expensive to book in January than it is in March.
2. The golf boom in recent years is real and spring tee times are already filling up. In addition to saving money, booking early means you get tee times of choice on courses you want to play. For most groups, the 8:30 tee time is more desirable than the 7:30 slot and booking early lets you choose.
3. Once dates are selected and courses have been chosen, it’s easier to fill any open spots on your trip. There is no uncertainty, leaving the indecisive to answer a simple yes or no question.
4. Every group has the proverbial locker room lawyer. The guy who doesn’t have any responsibility for the trip but has a lot of ideas about how it should be run and what you should do. Booking early shuts this guy up. Once the itinerary is secured, his suggestions come to an end.
5. The anticipation of a trip is a significant part of the fun and when the course lineup is set, everything becomes a little more real, even months in advance. The sooner yapping amongst friends, while reliving old stories and guaranteeing future victories, begins the better. That is doubly the case when it’s cold outside and all you can do is think about your trip.
If you are ready to begin planning your spring trip, our Myrtle Beach Golf Trips vacation planners are ready to help.